Agri-environment - England
These pages provide links to various ALGAO papers relating to the Environmental Stewardship and Energy Crop Schemes. Developments are ongoing and we will continue to update and add new material as it becomes available.
Environmental Stewardship (ES)
- Higher Level Stewardship (HLS)
- Entry Level Stewardship (ELS)
- Uplands Entry Level Stewardship (UELS)
- Delivery and review
The current Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) ends on 31 December 2013. Information about scheme developments, key issues and deadlines for the remainder of the current programme and the development of the next Rural Development Programme (RDP) are available on the Natural England website:
- CAP reform and rural development provides the latest updates, information and Q&A briefings on CAP Reform and the next Rural Development Programme (2014–20); a new environmental land management scheme and transition between the current Rural Development Programme for England and the next programme & new scheme.
- Scheme Development Bulletin Natural England will use this regular newsletter to provide updates on developments. Edition 1 February 2013 Back issues will be available on the Land Management newsletters page.
Environmental Stewardship news
Natural England provides a regular newsletter on Environmental Stewardship - Land Management Update (this has replaced Environmental Stewardship Update).
Other useful links
- RDPE Network including RDPE Network News (and RDPE Network News e-newsletter), provides information on the different delivery organisations involved in RDPE; networking opportunities; the Leader approach and the Local Action Group directory; and how RDPE interacts with the UK National Rural Network and Europe.
Defra: Environmental Stewardship
- Entry Level Stewardship - with links to various guidance doucments including the Entry Level Stewardship: Environmental Stewardship handbook, third edition with Official List of Changes Nov 2010.
- Higher Level Stewardship - with links to various guidance doucments including the HLS Application Handbook Third Edition (2010) with Official List of Changes (2011)
- Natural England:
- Natural England Regional HE Adviser contact details - Dec 2012
- Environmental Stewardship
- Energy Crop Scheme
- AE Schemes Payment Timings – Information added April 2012 regarding the Single Administrative Crosscheck]
- Making Environmental Stewardship More Effective (MESME) for the latest information on the project.
- Agents webpage
HELM: Farming the historic landscape: guidance documents
English Heritage, ALGAO and Defra have jointly produced a number of guidance documents aimed at farmers, land managers and farm advisers. These are all available from the HELM (Historic Environment Local Management) website as .pdf files:
- Farming the Historic Landscape: an Introduction for farm advisors (.pdf, 3250kb)
- Farming the Historic Landscape: Entry Level Stewardship (.pdf, 615kb)
- Farming the Historic Landscape: Caring for Archaeological Sites on Arable Land (.pdf, 1121kb)
- Farming the Historic Landscape: Caring for Archaeological Sites in Grassland (.pdf, 791kb)
- Farming the Historic Landscape: Caring for Farm Buildings (.pdf, 971kb)
- Farming the Historic Landscape: Caring for Historic Parkland (.pdf, 519kb)
Also available from HELM