Environmental Stewardship - Entry Level Stewardship (ELS)
These pages provide links to various ALGAO papers relating to Entry Level Stewardship. Developments are ongoing and we will continue to update and add new material as it becomes available.
Selected National Heritage Dataset (SNHD)
The Selected National Heritage Dataset (SNHD) is a dataset of selected archaeological sites in England used by Natural England to pre-populate the maps that are sent to farmers applying for Entry Level Stewardship (ELS) To assist members and others who use the SNHD, ALGAO has produced a number of documents which can be downoaded:
- SNHD update, 21/08/07 (.pdf 26kb)
Selected Heritage Inventory for Natural England (SHINE)
The SHINE project aims to create a single, nationally consistent dataset of historic environment features across England that could benefit from management within the Entry Level Stewardship scheme (ELS). The SHINE dataset has been designed to replace the Selected National Heritage Dataset (SNHD) which is currently used to populate the Environmental Information maps produced for ELS applicants with historic environment features.
For more information see the following:
- SHINE Brief Introduction (.pdf, 28kb)
- SHINE Start-up Pack Covering Letter (Feb 2009) (.pdf, 42kb)
- SHINE Candidate Status Allocation Guide v.1.0 (Jan 2009) (.pdf, 51kb)
- SHINE Guidance – Site Selection, Form and Significance v. 1.0 (Jan 2009) (.pdf, 50kb)
- SHINE GIS Polygon Standards v1.1 (.pdf, 317kb)
- SHINE HER Workflow Guidelines v.1.1 (.pdf, 222kb)
- SHINE presentation (to HER Forum 24 June 2008) (.pdf, 3.4MB)
- SNHD and SHINE update - September 2008 (.pdf, 34kb)
SHINE website The SHINE Record Search page allows users to search for SHINE records and Scheduled Monument records by ID.